Sunday 21 June 2009

Happy Father's Day

To all you guys who are fathers and for some of you who don't realise you are fathers, happy Father's Day!

52 countries celebrate the day on the third Sunday in June which compliments Mothering Sunday and was first celebrated in the USA back in 1908. There's even a debate over how to spell it - is it Fathers' Day (plural posessive - day belonging to fathers) or Father's Day - a singular possesive. Common sense prevails and makes it easier for those of us who rely on spellcheckers!

These are the top fifteen things that every dad says, at least once in his lifetime as a father:

1 Don't ask me, ask your mother.
2 You didn't beat me, I let you win.
3 Call that a haircut?
4 Of course I'm not lost, I'm just not sure where we are.
5 I'll tell you why, because I said so that's why.
6 You're going out dressed like THAT?
7 Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about.
8 Careful you'll have someones eye out with that.
9 What do you think I am, a bank?
10 Now, in my day...
11 I'm not going to sleep, I'm just resting my eyes.
12 For God's sake, where are my @£$>$@ car keys? Oh, thanks love...
13 Oi, that's my chair, shift yer butt.
14 What part of NO don't you understand?
15 Call that music? more like rubbish.
Emotional Rescue Ltd.

Have a great day

Chat soon

Ta-ra!

No comments:

Post a Comment