Friday 4 September 2009

When it's raining...

Hi bloggers. Sorry I haven't posted all week, not been too busy, but nothing exciting or dramatic to report. Work keeps me busy and life at home has fallen into a routine, but I'm not complaining. My fellow blogger Middle Aged Gapper is setting off today to East Africa on a two week holiday doing lots of exciting things and I wish him well and look forward to his well crafted and entertaining blogs on his exploits when he returns.

I hope at any rate MAG has better holiday weather in East Africa than we are having here. Rain, wind, more rain and just to finish it off, more wind. Frankly, it's bloody miserable. Last night around 4 pm I was told it was 14 degrees Celsius outside when the seasonal average should be higher.

I decided I need stronger glasses, not that my eyesight is too bad - I'm long sighted which means I can see to the moon as clear as a bell but can't see a page of text in front of me. The only problem was that with lenses, frame and lens protection, I ended up with a bill of £500+ and that is not what you would call a designer pair. They are frame-less, similar to what I have now but a little lighter. Just to raise the temperature in the house, I also signed up for a teeth whitening session from the dentists which is another £250+. Well, you only live once.

I hope you are looking forward to the weekend, I am - for a rest and although it's been a short working week, it has still seemed a long week. I normally sleep fairly well, certainly better since losing weight, but last night I had a rare nightmare which revolved around going round an old Gothic house and being grabbed by moving walls which came alive and grappled by unseen hands. Not nice.

Here's a list for all you TOGs out there about telltale signs of feeling old, something close to my heart after a session on the treadmill.
  • Your ears are hairier than your head (a man thing I think);
  • Everything hurts and if it doesn't hurt, it doesn't work;
  • You're still chasing women but can't remember why;
  • Your knees buckle but your belt won't;
  • You can live without sex, but not spectacles;
  • You start doing jigsaw puzzles again;
  • You get into a heated argument about pension plans;
  • You have a party and the neighbours don't even realise it;
  • The glint in your eye is the sun hitting your bifocals;
  • A fortune teller offers to read your face.
Edited by Geoff Tibballs

Have a great weekend,

Chat soon

Ta-ra!

No comments:

Post a Comment