Tuesday 3 November 2009

Official: 'Good to be Grumpy'

It's official because it's on the BBC and we believe everything published in the media - it's good to be grumpy!

Now I'm not one to be grumpy although I have my moments but an Australian expert Joe Forgas who has been studying emotions told a magazine "...that being grumpy makes us think more clearly." In contrast to those annoying happy types, miserable people are better at decision-making and less gullible, his experiments showed. While cheerfulness fosters creativity, gloominess breeds attentiveness and careful thinking.


I can now properly explain to my boss when I'm in a grumpy mood, it's because I want to think straight.

The picture above is my first attempt to follow in the footsteps of the great photographer and fellow blogger Magnumlady from Ireland. I was about to clean the mountain of leaves off the lawn on Sunday despite the dreadful heavy rain when there was a brief lull so I thought I would start looking for some abstract colours in the fallen leaves to photograph when I spotted this lone maidenhair tree leaf from next door's tree among all the maple, sycamore, beech, birch oak and lime leaves from everyone elses garden. I couldn't quite get the droplets of water as sharp, but it's a start.


Have a great week.

Chat soon


Ta-ra.

1 comment: