Friday 19 February 2010

It's a Mystery...

I hope you've all had a productive and good week at home and if you work - there too. I am really looking forward to the weekend as I do all weekends with a view of getting into the garden and continuing what I managed to start last week at last - pruning and tidying. Well I was.

I was on the treadmill last night and half way into the routine, I felt a tremendous stabbing pain in my knee which immediately stopped me in my tracks. Fortunately, there's a sturdy handrail so I was able to lift my feet off the conveyor belt and onto the side boards until I could switch it off. I continued to walk but at a slower pace and on the flat for the last twenty minutes, but I realise now, after consulting doctor Internet, that I may have damaged my cruciate ligaments.

My own doctor is on holiday but I can ring up on Monday for an appointment for later next week, so it's ice packs and rest; it is really painful when I walk.

I broke my last abs machine which I bought to help me get rid of the handles that surround the middle bit of my pudgy body and I need to take that back on Saturday morning to Argos because it's still in guarantee. A replacement arrived on the back of a van today, so I can use that to keep the exercise going - if I stop exercise, it could spell disaster for the old diet.

Ah well, the best laid plans of mice and men!

Depressingly, I notice on the Met Office website that there's an early warning of snow next week causing disruption and I can see by the news that parts of the UK have been suffering from snow this week, the Midlands and parts of Scotland particularly. I love snow and winter, but it seems to have been a long one this year and for a change, I'm looking forward to an early spring and more daylight and more sun! PLEEEEEASE!

It's ages since I did a list, so I thought we'd have a look at life's imponderable mysteries; answers on a postcard please...

How do you tell when you've run out of invisible ink?
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 's' in the word 'lisp?'
If people from Poland are called 'Poles,' why aren't people from Holland called 'Holes?'
How come you never hear about gruntled employees?
Can atheists get insurance for an 'act of God?'
Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
Why don't you ever see a toad on a toadstool?
If the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, what is the speed of dark?
Does that screwdriver really belong to Phillip?
How do 'Do not walk on the grass' signs get there?

Chat soon

Ta-ra

No comments:

Post a Comment