Saturday 5 November 2011

Gunpowder Treason and Plot

 
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November, Gunpowder Treason and Plot." If you've had a bonfire party or been to a display - hope you had a great time.

I'm back home from my Mediumship, Training and Development course at the Arthur Findlay College in Stansted, Essex refreshed and educated having met and enjoyed the company of some wonderful people from around the world.

Just a couple of pictures for you for the time being as I have some catching up to do. The top one is the imposing south facade of the college, Stansted Hall and the one below is just a view of a fraction of the grounds in glorious autumn colour taken this morning before our departure.


I can hear fireworks going off continually outside but our two cats don't seem in the slightest bit bothered. Good to be home.
Chat soon

Ta-ra

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Seems fall has been wondeful in many pasrt of the world.Can't wait to hear all the details about your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. My three cats are having a bad night.

    Looks like you had a lovely spot for your course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cat would not like the fireworks. We have Legoland a few miles down the road and he doesn't like the ones that go off there occasionally. I can't imagine why he gets spooked. Camp Pendleton a few miles the other way is always having booms and bangs.
    As for the bucket list, I made mine a while ago as I said. Now I am physically limited so it's a good thing I did them while I could. (I'm 74 and not nearly so physically active as many my age and older, but my brain is keeping in pretty good condition).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has got to be the best weekend for falling leaves hasn't it? Luckily my dog does not seem the slightest bit fazed by the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna
    It's a lovely time of year! Some more details to come
    XX

    Hi MorningAJ
    So many have said their animals are suffering - it is a shame, I'm not sure what you can do about it?
    XX

    Hi ChrisJ
    I agree, even organised displays can cause distress. I love your bucket list.
    XX

    Hi Weaver
    The leaves have a lovely hue when they're damp with autumn drizzle.
    xx

    ReplyDelete